Fire cupping can help you regain your freedom of movement in a joint or large muscle group. Fire cupping can be added on to acupuncture or massage therapy sessions at the descression of the practitioner.
Fire cupping therapy creates a vacuum that pulls the facia outward, creating negative pressure. This helps to relax and aline muscle fibers by lifting and loosening the tissues. This is the opposite of a deep tissue massage that acheives the same thing with positive pressure, and is a great alternative for people who are too sensitive for deep tissue work. Through negative pressure cupping can reach upto four inches deep. It is an excellent modality to create fascial release.
Fire cupping dates back 4000 years with animal horns and bamboo shoots. Today it continues to gain in popularity people discover its benefits.
- Promotes the removal of stagnant blood and toxins from contracted muscles
- Softens and smoothes the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite
- Breaks up adhesions such as those in frozen shoulder and rotator cuff tears
- Relieves pain from sciatica, low back, whiplash, shin splints, and more
- Stimulates the spinal nerves & parasympathic nervous system
- Encourages blood & lymph circulation to the tissues
- Promotes Lung Health: reliefs cough, asthma, & emphysema
- Chronic pain relief from inflammatory arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Increases joint synovial fluids
- Breaks up joint scar tissue